Author Topic: 33bhp restrictor  (Read 1504 times)

Offline murph

• CCM Rider
33bhp restrictor
« on: March 15, 2011, 20:12:36 »
Hello, now dont start laughing , but does anybody know if you can restict a 644 suzuki engine to 33bhp. The reason , my 17yr old son is taking his bike test and i lived up to my nickname of looselips murphy after a couple of jd's said he could use my baby  :thud:

Offline richr

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
Re: 33bhp restrictor
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 20:21:36 »
have a look to see if you can restrict a suzi freewind as same engine

any way you can restrict anything at the end of the day

i think google is your friend  ;D
in life's doldrums waiting for the next ride on my

r30 710 kit wire wheels can not in whisper mode and led bits now sold and gone on holiday to the seaside

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
  • If it aint broke, I can fix it till it is!!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 20:25:10 »
Yes you can, see pictures.

That's all it is, a throttle stop, mine is out on loan to beast's son.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Black 644 R30, Acewell 2853 Display, Carbon Fibre Dash, Rad Guard, Hugger and Sprocket Cover, Quill T3 can, 150 mains/27.5 pilots, Kent Fast Road Cam, K&N air filter, Maxxis Goldspeeds.

I started out with nothing…..and I’ve still got most of it left! :bigthumb:

Offline richr

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 20:33:53 »
Yes you can, see pictures.

That's all it is, a throttle stop, mine is out on loan to beast's son.

bugger
i forgot about that item

should have said do a search  :lmao:

r30 710 kit wire wheels can not in whisper mode and led bits now sold and gone on holiday to the seaside

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 20:49:10 »
To be honest Rich I had forgotten to put those pictures in the new gallery, this thread prompted me.

That is the genuine CCM supplied device and they cost an arm and a leg, worth about 10.5 pence.
Black 644 R30, Acewell 2853 Display, Carbon Fibre Dash, Rad Guard, Hugger and Sprocket Cover, Quill T3 can, 150 mains/27.5 pilots, Kent Fast Road Cam, K&N air filter, Maxxis Goldspeeds.

Offline murph

• CCM Rider
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 20:53:23 »
Damn was hoping you were all going to say no. So were would i get one of them throttle stops

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 20:56:42 »
You have to get it from CCM or Haines, there's a certificate comes with it to be signed by the garage installing it. That's the theory anyway.

Offline murph

• CCM Rider
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 21:03:35 »
cheers steve, what do you call an arm and leg price wise, could you copy one, but then you would'nt have certificate and i suppose police or insurance would'nt accept it

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 21:14:22 »
Well rumour has it that the certificate means nothing, you may find a post on here saying that. I'm just repeating what I was told by CCM because I have no other reliable source of information.

Some good while back a lad on here was quoted £33.00, if it included fitting and the cert I guess it's reasonable value but I believe it was supply only.

Offline jonny boy h

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 21:16:37 »
i thought it had to be a spacer/reducer for the air inlet on the carb? , from what i've been told by my neighbour who had one these put in its not only the part that costs but the garage that charge you for the install, her's was £300! but then like i said it was different to this so i wouldnt like to say.
 i know alot of insurance companys do not like bigger bikes that have been restricted as they say its too tempting.
so i would also check that out before getting it put on too.

jon :)
black R30, 710, vapor display, gubbins out, TPS sorted, airbox lid off, K&N, fatty blue renthol bars, standard can no baffles, gold wire wheels, neon blue helmobile brake lines, venhill feather lite clutch cable, R&G shock sock,K&N filter, DS swing arm powder coated black, DS crap flap,AFAM xhrc blue chain, UFO headlight unit, spots.

Offline murph

• CCM Rider
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 21:19:52 »
ok cheers  thanks for all info..... better make a few phone calls

Offline R30Steve

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 21:21:49 »
No it just has to restrict it, don't matter how. I have the certificate of conformity for that bracket.

Takes about 3 minutes to fit and 20 seconds to bend back into position with your thumb, can't think why you would do that, someone told me.  :whistle:

Offline richr

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 21:25:48 »
as steve says about the cert i would do a search

but i was reliably informed your contract is with the insurance company and you are stating the bike is restricted so if it isnt you have no insurance
as far as plod is concerned they would want the bike checked for bhp if it was in a rta or they wanted it checked for compliance and then its down to a dyno

dont qoute me on this or use as fact

but i fitted a restrictor kit to my lads bike, gs500, with no problems and he got knocked off it ,not at fault and plod were involved but as i said no problems

there was a load of info knocking around on the tinternet about this

h t h rich

Offline ryan90

• CCM Riders Supporter
  • CCM Rider
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 23:11:12 »
Iv got one of them lying around somewhere, dont need it anymore. The certificate from ccm is also a dodgy/wonky photocopy, not great value for money thats for sure!
Blog: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2003 644 DS (SM), 150 mains and 27.5 pilot jets, needle 2nd clip from bottom. Air screw 2.5 turns out. Remus race can, TPS done, Valve Gubbins done, air box lid gone. Goldspeed front, Conti attack sm rear.  DRC Edge 2 tail light, Polisport Halo Headlight. Zefal spy mirrors. Now Sold..

Offline dt50james

• CCM Rider
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 14:27:11 »
you dont need a certificate by law. all its for is to convince the officer that pulls you over that its restricted   :cop: :cop: